Rediscover a cleaner, lighter Mac and free up space for your more important files and memories. Our Mac cleaner uses a multilayer system to tune up your performance to the next level. (OS X) 10.10 Yosemite or newer 62 MB of hard disk space. Already have a license for AVG TuneUp and just need to install it? Download here See our expert. Best free antivirus for Mac: Avast Free Mac Securityavast.com Many antivirus suites provide a decent level of protection, but a few rise above all others by providing the very best in performance. Get personalized Mac cleanup tips. AWARD-WINNING DESIGN Winner of iF Design Award 2020 Product Hunt “App of the month” MacStories “Must-Have Mac App” 2019 CleanMyMac X turns the not so exciting task of cleaning your computer into a stylish and interactive ride. Crushes adware and potentially unwanted programs that slow your Mac. Your Mac experience will remain clean and pristine. Scans the average Mac in under 30 seconds. Run the malware scanner in the background while you boot up your favorite game and it's done by the time you're ready to play. You can even customize your scans to. Cleaner-App is a cleaning software tool that organizes and optimizes disk space usage, creating more free storage space on your Mac. Whether duplicate files are taking up precious disk space, your startup disk is full, or you want to see what’s taking up space on your Mac, Cleaner.
Reinstall from macOS Recovery
macOS Recovery makes it easy to reinstall the Mac operating system, even if you need to erase your startup disk first. All you need is a connection to the Internet. If a wireless network is available, you can choose it from the Wi-Fi menu , which is also available in macOS Recovery.
1. Start up from macOS Recovery
To start up from macOS Recovery, turn on your Mac and immediately press and hold one of the following sets of keys on your keyboard. Release the keys when you see an Apple logo, spinning globe, or other startup screen.
Reinstall the latest macOS that was installed on your Mac (recommended).
Upgrade to the latest macOS that is compatible with your Mac.
Reinstall the macOS that came with your Mac, or the closest version still available.
You might be prompted to enter a password, such as a firmware password or the password of a user who is an administrator of this Mac. Enter the requested password to continue.
When you see the utilities window, you have started up from macOS Recovery.
2. Decide whether to erase (format) your disk
You probably don't need to erase, unless you're selling, trading in, or giving away your Mac, or you have an issue that requires you to erase. If you need to erase before installing macOS, select Disk Utility from the Utilities window, then click Continue. Learn more about when and how to erase.
3. Install macOS
When you're ready to reinstall macOS, choose Reinstall macOS from the Utilities window. Then click Continue and follow the onscreen instructions. You will be asked to choose a disk on which to install.
- If the installer asks to unlock your disk, enter the password you use to log in to your Mac.
- If the installer doesn't see your disk, or it says that it can't install on your computer or volume, you might need to erase your disk first.
- If the installer is for a different version of macOS than you expected, learn about macOS Recovery exceptions.
- If the installer offers you the choice between installing on Macintosh HD or Macintosh HD - Data, choose Macintosh HD.
Please allow installation to complete without putting your Mac to sleep or closing its lid. During installation, your Mac might restart and show a progress bar several times, and the screen might be empty for minutes at a time.
If your Mac restarts to a setup assistant, but you're selling, trading in, or giving away your Mac, press Command-Q to quit the assistant without completing setup. Then click Shut Down. When the new owner starts up the Mac, they can use their own information to complete setup.
macOS Recovery exceptions
The version of macOS offered by macOS Recovery might vary in some cases:
- If macOS Sierra 10.12.4 or later has never been installed on this Mac, Option-Command-R installs the macOS that came with your Mac, or the closest version still available. And Shift-Option-Command-R isn't available.
- If you erased your entire disk instead of just the startup volume on that disk, macOS Recovery might offer only the macOS that came with your Mac, or the closest version still available. You can upgrade to a later version afterward.
- If your Mac has the Apple T2 Security Chip and you never installed a macOS update, Option-Command-R installs the latest macOS that was installed on your Mac.
- If you just had your Mac logic board replaced during a repair, macOS Recovery might offer only the latest macOS that is compatible with your Mac.
Free Cleaner For Mac Os X 10.6.8
If you can't get macOS Recovery to offer the installer you want, you might be able to use one of the other ways to install macOS. Cd dvd burner for mac.
Ccleaner For Mac Os X
Other ways to install macOS
App Cleaner For Mac Os X
- You can also install macOS from the App Store or Software Update preferences. If you can't install macOS Catalina, you might be able to install an earlier macOS, such as macOS Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, or Yosemite.
- Or create a bootable installer disk, then use that disk to install macOS on your Mac or another Mac.