Are you a Mac user and stuck with using Safari as a default browser?
Then you must pay attention to what I’m going to say next.
There are many Safari alternatives for the Mac users out there to browse the Internet.
Yes, you heard me right.
The Best Free Browsers app downloads for Mac: Google Chrome Adobe Flash Player Mozilla Firefox Translate Safari Extension Opera Opera Opera Opera Appl. Safari is optimized specifically for Mac, so it’s more efficient than other browsers on macOS. And Safari plays HTML5 video — the format used by your favorite streaming services — whenever it’s available. So you can explore the web for up to three hours longer and stream video for up to four hours longer than on any other browser. Get Firefox, a free web browser backed by Mozilla, a non-profit dedicated to internet health and privacy. Available now on Windows, Mac, Linux, Android and iOS.
Apple has this philosophy of making tools that are one-off, but they also want their customers to be loyal to their products.
For that, Apple products like iPhone or Mac are loaded with the default apps.
For instance, the web browser given is Safari, and the e-mail browser is Mail.
But, there are times when we don’t want to use these default apps.
Like in the case of Safari, sometimes we’re not happy with the extension compatibility and want to switch to some other browser.
For that, there are hundreds of Web browsers those can be relied on. Some of them are for all the platforms while some are just tailor-made for the Macs.
Best 10 Internet browsers For Mac
We’ve picked some of the Browsers for Mac from the lot that you can check on and ditch Safari for a while if you want.
1. Google Chrome:
The top-notch browser for any platform is without any doubt Google Chrome.
Yes, I agree that Chrome was launched for Macs a bit late, but that wait was worth.
The best part of this browser is its minimalistic design and Speed.
It comes with a lot of features. And when I say this, I mean A LOT. It is by far the biggest competitor of Safari in the market.
I think Opera has been there since ages. But don’t let its age fool you.
As it is said that wisdom comes with age, Opera also has become wise regarding features.
Its ‘Mouse Gestures’ and ‘Speed dial’ and ‘Opera Turbo’ features make it different from the other browsers.
3. Mozilla Firefox:
Just like Opera, Firefox is also a veteran. It lets you visit the sites even if you don’t remember their URLs by only typing a keyword of the same.
It has a broad variety of add-ons, which are useful to increase productivity.
You can also bookmark the pages and titles live. Also, it can be said as a Privacy-inclined browser as it let you choose the information you want to share.
The Mac-only browser Camino is also a great one with a much better user interface for Mac users than Chrome or Firefox.
It has many new features in its latest update like Annoyance Blocking, Malware protection, and Pop-up Blocking. It is much like Firefox, just with the more Apple-friendly edge.
The company no longer develops this browser further, but you can still download the last updated version.
5. Omni Web:
Better known as the Feature-rich browser, Omni Web comes with numerous features like Visual Tabs, adding websites to shortcuts, automatic rendering of web pages, etc.
You can also change the font of any website if it is not up to your liking.
The browser also handles the entire RSS feed which is a great feature.
Apt for seamless browsing, Maxthon is a Multi- platform web browser for Mac users. With many cloud-assimilated features like syncing, sharing and managing files, Maxthon has been a very powerful browser.
If you are the one who wants the Chrome extensions but doesn’t want to use Chrome, then you should go for this one.
With a unique design, Torch is one of the best browsers for Mac OS X. Based on the Chromium project; it supports every extension of Google Chrome web store.
There are many themes available for the browser and is an important feature for experiment-loving peeps.
It also has features like Torch music, Video Download, Torrent support, etc.
A new challenger in the game, Vivaldi is out winning many hearts.
Though it uses the same HTML Rendering engine as that of Chrome, still it has covered all the features that are not in the list of other browsers’ characteristics.
It has a unique tab system, which is referred as “Stack.” It also creates notes about every site that you browse. These notes appear when you visit that site.
If you’re looking for the Multi- processing Designing of Chrome in some other browser, then you’ll like this browser named Stainless. Started out as a technology demo, now it is a full-fledged browser.
It features a dual-purpose search address bar, which makes searching and navigating very smooth.
The newer version of the old-timer browser Netscape, SeaMonkey is an open- source project. It is an all-in-one Internet collection. It supports almost all the add-ons and extensions, which are compatible with Mozilla Firefox.
The con of the mentioned browser is that it doesn’t go with Voice interface, Mouse gestures or Retina Display. It is easy to install and access.
There you go. These are some of the best Internet browsers for the Mac users, which can be used as a substitute to Safari. Explore them and leave us comments sharing your experiences.
Apple has introduced Mac which is known to be the most reliable Operating System and surfing through the internet using Mac is fun! Using different browsers makes internet surfing more fun by utilising the features. Today, we are going to find out the 4 best browsers for Mac OS in 2020, which can make the web browsing smooth and fun! Scroll down to get started!
Best Browsers for MAC – Pros & Cons
Let’s find the Best Browsers for Mac from below. We suggest you read the complete review before you pick one.
- Safari Reader– This new feature has been added to make article oriented web pages more comfortable to read by automatically detecting the crucial contents and trimming the rest (pop-ups, ads, etc.). To activate the reader, click the reader icon right beside the address bar.
- Smart Address Field– If you want to revisit a site which has been opened previously, Safari remembers it, and when it detects that you have entered the first letters of the website, it suggests to complete the address.
- Extensions- There is a massive collection of extensions available on the extension website of Safari which can help the users in many cases like block pop-ups, ads, etc.
- Application’s launch time and page loading time is much faster than some other browsers.
- Safari is not as customizable as other browsers.
Chrome is famous among every internet browser bet it in any platform. This browser got introduced in 2008 by Google which took internet browsing speed to the next level as this browser is powered up with Blink engine and it is developed in C++. This browser is capable of searching for anything on the internet instantly, and it also synchronizes browser history, bookmarks, saved pages through all devices. The security of this browser is based on the Sandbox Model, which prevents the browser from getting affected by malicious websites.
- Video and Audio Playback- The videos and songs which are present in the system can be played in the browser even if you don’t have any media application installed.
- Reopen Last Closed Tab– All closed tabs can be opened at once using a shortcut which helps the users when they accidentally close the browser window.
- Built-In Game- When the device is not getting connected to the internet, you can play the built-in game to wait for the internet to come back.
- Huge Collection of Extensions- The extension store of Google Chrome is vast and contains all kinds of extensions that can help users in various fields.
- Shortcuts- Various shortcuts are used to make browsing more comfortable and faster.
- The Security of Google Chrome is much more secure than other browsers.
- Chrome takes up a massive portion of the processor to run, which results in system malfunction.
3. Edge Chromium
Microsoft has developed the Edge as an evolution of Microsoft Internet Explorer. Edge Chromium is a new browser compared to others as it was launched in 2015 by Microsoft with Windows 8.1 Operating System. It was available for PC, but it is now available for Mac and android also. Microsoft has developed this browser using Google’s open-source project- chromium. People who use Google Chrome can find this browser very similar. Microsoft Edge supports all the Chrome’s extensions, and the improved privacy tools block the trackers by default.
- User Interface- Microsoft has managed to retouch the user interface by keeping the old touch. This browser also is similar to Google Chrome’s interface as they both are base on Chromium.
- Google Chrome Extensions- Microsoft Edge supports all the extensions of google chrome, which means this browser can make internet usage as comfortable as Chrome.
- Immersive Reader- This feature helps the users to read the contents from an article oriented website.
- Trackers Blocking- The new, improved privacy tools block the trackers and make the users secure from the internet.
- PDF Reader- With Microsoft Edge, you can also view and read PDF files even if there is no PDF reading application is installed in the system. It also allows you to draw within the PDF file to mark a point, and the marked ink can be erased.
- Edge Chromium is a fast and secure web browser.
Web Browsers For Macbook
- Sometimes webpages crash because of the browser.
Mozilla has launched Firefox in 2002, which makes it one of the oldest web browser. While it was launched, it was fast from the other available browsers, and later, Mozilla has managed to upgrade the Firefox browser to keep the competition alive. In 2020, Firefox contains many features that can help users in many ways. There are many add-ons and themes available to make the interface decorative and to make the browsing experience beautiful, easy and fun.
Download Puffin Web Browser For Mac
- Pocket App- Pocket App lets you store a webpage to read later from any device any time you want.
- New Tab page- New improved New Tab page suggests websites that can be useful for the user according to the search history.
- Private Browsing- Private Browsing lets you browse the internet securely and fast by blocking all the cookies and trackers.
- Synchronize- You can keep your history, bookmarks, saved pages synchronized in multiple devices.
- Add-Ons- You also can add features with the add-ons which can be found in the add-on page, according to your browsing requirements and choice.
- A straightforward interface and fast browsing experience
- The support team is hard to reach to resolve an issue.
In the above article, you can find the best browsers that can make internet browsing easy and fun. Every browser is fast these days, but not every browser can deliver speed in every case. The discreet list can help you to choose the browser according to your needs. So, do not waste time and get your browser and start crawling the web.