If you would like to learn Java programming, the best way is by writing Java codes by yourself. To compile the Java codes then you need Java Development Kit (JDK). It can be Oracle JDK or OpenJDK. This post guides you how to install Oracle JDK 8 on Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite. It should be also applicable for previous version of OS X such as OS X Maverick, Mountain Lion, and OS X Lion. At the time of this post written, the latest version of JDK is JDK 8 Update 25.
Basically I previously had written an article how to install Java SE 7 / JDK 7 on Mac OS X Lion. I just would like to rewrite on the newest version.
1. Download Oracle JDK 8 from Oracle website. You need to accept license agreement to be able to download the file. Make sure you select the Mac OS X x64 platform (jdk-8u25-macosx-x64.dmg).
2. Double-click the downloaded file ‘jdk-8u25-macosx-x64.dmg’ and follow the on-screen installation.
May 02, 2019 Mac OS X Yosemite (and the newer versions) are having a later version of Java Runtime (SE 8.0). However, Java Runtime is not backward compatible. So, even when the operating system have installed Java Runtime 8, it will NOT run apps that rely on Java Runtime 6. I downloaded Yosemite and when I try to use Word, I get two message. The first says that Office needs to be reintalled and that there is a problem with the installer. The second message says that Word couldn't run without the legacy version of Java SE 6 runtime. But, Java doesn't have that download no their site.
3. Once it is successfully installed, it is installed inside /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines folder.
4. Mini displayport to vga adapter for macbook pro. Verify that the system is now using JDK 8.
5. If you would like to uninstall JDK 8, simply remove the jdk1.8.0_25.jdk
Hopefully this tutorial helps you on installing JDK 8 / Java SE 8 on Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
- Affects Version/s:1.4.4
- Component/s: None
- Environment:Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite running Java 8u20 Build b17
Legacy Java Se 6 For Mac Yosemite
The new OSX launcher for Minecraft is finaly done, you can download it here https://minecraft.net/download
Java 6 For Mac Yosemite Dmg
When I open the launcher, pop-up says 'To open “Minecraft” you need to install the legacy Java SE 6 runtime.' Java 8u20 Build b17 is the only version of java that works on Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite as of this post.
- 24Vote for this issue
- 10Start watching this issue