PCSX-Reloaded is a PlayStation Emulator based on PCSX-df 1.9, with support for Windows, GNU/Linux and Mac OS X as well as many bugfixes and improvements. Note: This project is affiliated with neither PCSX nor PCSX-df project and should be considered as an separate derived work, so please don't confuse this project with the original PCSX. PCSX-Reloaded is a new project created in mid-2009, which is based on the work of the PCSX-df branch, completely independent, and works on bug fixes while maintaining Windows and OS X compatibility alongside Linux. PCSX-df and PCSX-Reloaded coexisted for a while, with PCSX-df merging changes of PCSX-Reloaded back into df. PCSX2 Mac 0.9.7 Alpha - 2 July 2012 HOT. Build from 2 July 2012, the first alpha version for 0.9.7. This is in pre-beta stages so treat it as such! Only works on Lion! Sponsored links. MacIntosh 11.38 MB English GNU GPL 806,001 Download: PCSX2.
- Pcsx For Mac Os X64
- Pcsx For Mac Os X 10.8
- Pcsx Mac Os X
- Pcsx For Mac Os X 10.10
- Pcsx For Mac Os X 10.13
Games like Crash Bandicoot, Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy 7, Tekken 3, Gran Turismo and MediEvil are just some of the titles compatible with PCSX. To play them, you must first install a BIOS for PlayStation. Then, when you have it installed, drag and drop it onto the program's interface.
PCSX allows you to save and retrieve items (Freeze State and Defrost State), reconfigure the keyboard (in preferences) and load saved games in the CVGS format.
Only for Mac OS X 10.2 or later.
Pcsx For Mac Os X64
- MAME OS X is a native Mac OS X port of MAME, designed to take full advantage of OS X-specific optimizations. PCSX-df PlayStation emulator based on the PCSX Project.
- Emulators » Sony Playstation » Mac OS X » PCSX PCSX PSX Emulator for Mac OS X Overview. PCSX is a free and open-source console emulator which allows software designed to be used with the PlayStation to run on personal computer. Over the years, development changed hands several times with PCSX-Reloaded now being the main version.
|Developer(s)||PCSX Team, PCSX-df Team, PCSX-Reloaded Team|
1.9.94 / August 26, 2013
|Written in||C (GTK on GNU/Linux)|
|Operating system||Unix-like, Microsoft Windows, OS X/macOS|
|License||GNU General Public License|
PCSX is a free and open-sourcevideo game console emulator which allows software designed to be used with the Sony PlayStation to run on personal computers. Over the years, development changed hands several times with PCSX-Reloaded (PCSXR) now being the main version.
PCSX has a high compatibility rate and is currently available for a number of different operating systems including Microsoft Windows, OS X and Linux. It is released under the GNU General Public License.
The emulator was first released for the PC on August 31, 2000. Official development ceased on September 17, 2003, and development shifted to the new PlayStation 2 emulator, PCSX2.
And if you have a home cellar, Wines is perfect for you as it lets you track which wines you have right now in your cellar, the number of bottles you have left, where they are located and more!If you have any feature requests please let me know and I will do my best to integrate them in Wines! Can't remember the name of that wine you tasted a couple of months ago? Add it to your collection, take notes, rate it and more! With Wines, it won't happen again! Wines, an app for wine lovers, collectors or enthusiasts. Wine for the mac.
PCSX-df was created in 2006 and added new features, a new GTK-based interface, AMD64 support, and corrected some bugs, but was developed mainly with only Linux compatibility in mind. Version 1.10 was released on March 29, 2009.
PCSX-Reloaded is a new project created in mid-2009, which is based on the work of the PCSX-df branch, completely independent, and works on bug fixes while maintaining Windows and OS X compatibility alongside Linux. PCSX-df and PCSX-Reloaded coexisted for a while, with PCSX-df merging changes of PCSX-Reloaded back into df.
PCSX supports network play and external plugins as used by ePSXe. As with many modern emulators PCSX-Reloaded supports savestates and also has Save Rewind feature (currently only OSX and Linux version), Support for ECM files (currently only OS X and Linux version), Support for Libarchive (currently only OSX and Linux version), widescreen hack and makes use of plug-ins to emulate GPU, SPU, and CD-ROM drive functions, a model first established in PSEmu Pro, it uses Peops OpenGL plugin for graphics on default but can also use Pete's OpenGL2, gpuBladeSoft, PCSX2 graphics plugin GSDX, AmiDog GPU plugin, Asmodeans PSXFX shader pack, input plugins such as Lilypad and Pokopom Pad Plugin. It also has multi-track cue support and is the only PS1 emulator with compatibility with anti-jitter options in graphics plugins, such as GTE accuracy in the default Peops OpenGL plugin, or Improved coordinate accuracy in Edgbla's gpuBladeSoft and it also supports PeteOpenGL2Tweak plugin. Additionally, PCSX seeks to simulate the functionality of the PlayStationBIOS and consequently does not require a BIOS file dump to operate, making it easier to emulate legally, however Bios emulation is still incomplete so its better to use dumped BIOS to avoid various bugs and reduced compatibility.
Ports and commercial usage
Linux, macOS/OS X, and Microsoft Windows on x86-based computers are the main development focus of PCSX-Reloaded but various PCSX iterations have been ported to other platforms as well, including Dreamcast,GameCube,PlayStation 3,Wii,Xbox, and various ARM-based platforms (PCSX-Rearmed fork) such as BlackBerry Playbook and Nintendo 3DS.
Pcsx For Mac Os X 10.8
PCSXR was used for an official port and commercial re-release of N2O: Nitrous Oxide on Steam on June 29, 2015. It is also used as the emulator on Sony's PlayStation Classicdedicated console.
Tom's Guide featured PCSX Reloaded in a feature about the best PlayStation emulators, scoring it at 4 of 5 points. Kator Legaz reviewed the Mac OS version as 'good'.
- ^'Debian -- Details of package pcsxr in sid'. Retrieved 6 February 2020.
- ^'PCSX-Reloaded'. EmuCR.com. Retrieved 2013-03-14.
- ^'CodePlex Archive'. CodePlex Archive.
- ^'Debian -- Details of package pcsxr in stretch'. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- ^ ab'Review of Mac PCSX Test 3'. Kator Legaz. 2005-02-02. Archived from the original on 2012-09-28. Retrieved 2013-03-14.
- ^linuzappz (September 17, 2003). 'Playstation Emulator'. PCSX. Archived from the original on March 27, 2008. Retrieved 2013-03-14.
[…]i haven't coded for pcsx in some months, i don't have the time anymore, due to pcsx2, work, life and so on…
- ^'AmiDog GPU plugin (and tools)'.
- ^'PeteOpenGL2Tweak - Tweaker for PeteOpenGL2 plugin w/ GTE Accuracy Hack!'.
- ^'Pcsx-Dc'. DCEmulation. Retrieved 2013-03-14.
- ^'pcsxgc - A port of the PS1 emulator, PCSX, to the Nintendo GC/Wii - Google Project Hosting'. Code.google.com. Retrieved 2013-03-14.
- ^'ps3sx - Original PCSX port on PS3 By Anonymous - Google Project Hosting'. Code.google.com. Retrieved 2013-03-14.
- ^'pcsx-revolution - [CLOSED] Port of pcsx for Nintendo Wii (formerly Revolution). - Google Project Hosting'. Code.google.com. Retrieved 2013-03-14.
- ^'Pcsxbox'. Xport.xbox-scene.com. Archived from the original on 2011-09-12. Retrieved 2013-03-14.
- ^notaz. 'Pcsx Rearmed'. Notaz.gp2x.de. Retrieved 2013-03-14.
- ^'CatalystG/PCSX-reARMed-PB 路 GitHub'. Github.com. Retrieved 2013-03-14.
- ^'PCSX-ReARMed-PB – PlayStation Emulator Now Available for the PlayBook'. NerdBerry.net. 2012-04-25. Archived from the original on 2014-02-02. Retrieved 2013-03-14.
- ^'PS1/PSX emulator for Nintendo NEW 3DS [RetroArch H'. YouTube. 2015-09-28. Retrieved 2017-06-16.
- ^Console Classics Update on steamcommunity.com 'Hi all! Thanks so much for trying out N2O! We’re really excited with our first release of a classic game on Steam'
- ^First psx emulated game on steam N2O: Nitrous Oxide on emutalk.net by LyonHrt (July 1st, 2015)
- ^Kohler, Chris. 'PlayStation Classic Plays Fine, But It's A Bare-Bones Experience'. Kotaku. Retrieved 8 November 2018.
- ^'Best PlayStation Emulators for Desktop PCs'. 2 February 2018.
Pcsx Mac Os X
Pcsx For Mac Os X 10.10
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to PCSX.|
- Original PCSX project website (archived)