- Screen Recorder For Mac Free
- Best Screen Recorder For Mac
- Screen Recorder For Mac Download
- Windows 10 Screen Recorder
- Download Screen Recorder For Mac
- Screen Recorder For Macbook Pro
- Screen Recorder For Macbook Air With Audio
Get Capto for screen recording
Screen grabs and screenshots are useful for sharing information, of course. And sometimes, that is all we need. But there are other times when we need to talk to people, or record something so that someone else, maybe thousands of miles away, can easily understand what we need to say.
How to record Mac screen with sound
To narrate what’s happening on your Mac, you oftentimes need to record your computer screen with audio. Macs don’t have the built-in tools for it so in this article, we explain how you can easily record desktop with voice over using a few third-party apps.
All-in-One Screen Recorder for Mac. This Mac screen recorder enables you to record everything happening on your screen with great quality. You are allowed to make demo videos for training or teaching purposes, and create video tutorials for showcasing your video gameplay achievements and even product displays. To record screen on Mac using QuickTime Player X, head to Applications, click File New Screen Recording. It’s just like ABC, but there’s is a drawback, QuickTimePlayer X only records external audio, i.e. Anything that comes in via mic is recorded. This means if you want to.
Ultimate screen recording toolkit
Capture scrolling content, record video, create voice-overs, and so much more. With Setapp, your screen recording can be limitless.
A quick overview: We’ll explain how to use Apple’s native QuickTime, which many don't realize comes with the screen, video, and audio recording capabilities — so it’s not just an app for watching videos. If you’re here for a more advanced toolkit you could use to record voice-overs and edit videos, we’ll show how to do it with Capto, CleanShot X, and Dropshare.
Record your screen with audio on macOS
To record audio and screenshots or moving screen grabs at the same time, you can use a small app named Capto. Available from Setapp and easy-to-use. It has a whole range of capturing features to create a detailed and informative screen capture with blocks of text, highlights and even a FaceTime camera recording.
If you are in a hurry and need to get something to a colleague or client quickly, but want it to look professional, record video what you need, give it a quick edit then email it across. Plus you’ve got the ability to mute, fade in, or fade out of the audio recording tracks to get professional sound without clicks and keyboard noise.
How you record audio and screenshots using a screen recording app
- Launch Capto or similar screen recorder and find Record button
- Check the boxes to make sure you are picking up audio and recording the screen (or portion of the screen)
- Choose to record FaceTime camera, setup recording time limit, and choose the second menu (small dots below) to hide files on your desktop
- Hit the Record button
- Once you are done, press the red button in the menu bar or shift + command + esc
- Edit as needed in the Video section, then upload as an attachment or publish online
It is as easy as that. And, if you have a little more time, use the controls on the left to tweak the sound, trim, add annotations, highlight specific areas, adjust the size and placement of the camera video, and make any other changes as needed.
Make a voice over video of your screen
Another app that lets you create a narrated screencast is Dropshare. It was originally created as a super-easy cloud sharing app because sharing files is a chore. Dropshare solves it by instantly giving you secure links and drag-and-drop file uploads of ready screencasts.
Making a screen record with voice over
- Launch Dropshare (it's free with Setapp subscription).
- Click a circular icon in the menu bar to record the screen.
- Choose a microphone to record system audio and audio from your microphone.
- Hit the red button to start recording.
- Hit it again to stop recording.
- Pack up the file and send it anywhere.
Other times, you may need to record calls made through your Mac. Either this is for training purposes, to demonstrate something to a colleague, or it is an interview that needs recording.
Ultimate screen capturing on Mac
If you deal with screenshots and screen recordings often, you don’t want to be juggling different apps all the time. In this case, CleanShot X is pretty much all you need. This screen capturing app covers 50+ different features — from creating optimized GIFs to scrolling captures to video recordings. So if you’re looking for a universal thing, this is the right choice.
The great thing is CleanShot X lets you tweak lots of small things while recording video. You get snappable resize controls, can choose to display recording time on a video, highlight mouse clicks, or disable notifications in a click. All the options are right at your fingertips.
Here’s how to record screen with CleanShot X:
- Click Record Screen in the menu bar
- Pick whether you want to capture video or GIF
- Drag to select a custom area on the screen
- Enable/disable audio recording
- Customize settings (area size, system notifs, mouse click highlighting, etc.)
- Once you’re ready, hit the Record button
- Trim the recording outputs from the Overlay Menu in the end.
How to record calls on your Mac
On a Mac, the three most popular ways to make calls are Skype, FaceTime - which comes with a handy feature that allows you to start a call on an iPhone and continue on a Mac (Handoff) - and WhatsApp. Here is how you record those calls using your Mac.
How to record a Skype meetings
Skype, even before Microsoft bought it, has never included a native way to record audio and visuals when on a call. Making it somewhat of a nuisance when important information is being conveyed and you’ve got to make notes quickly or ask for an email follow-up to clarify points.
For making screenshots during a call, you can use the following commonly-used Mac shortcuts :
⌘ + Shift + 3 to grab the entire screen
⌘ + Shift + 4 to capture a selected area
⌘ + Shift + 4 + press Space to take a screenshot of a selected window.
To record your Skype calls with video and audio you could use Capto, or another third-party app, such as Dropshare that we mentioned earlier. Just make sure you get the permission of the person you want to record, to put you on the right side of the law and to be polite. If you are experiencing issues connecting to call, follow these tips to use Skype on a Mac desktop.
Screen record FaceTime and Handoff with audio
One of the most effective ways of recording a FaceTime call is using a QuickTime recorder. How to start recording your FaceTime calls:
- Open QuickTime on your Mac
- Click File in the Menu bar
- Select New Screen Recording
- Choose the Internal Microphone in the list of audio input options
- Open FaceTime to make your call (or use Handoff to transition a call from an iPhone to your Mac)
- Click the Record button and Screen to record the full screen, or click and drag the capture option to limit the recording to the call screen
- Once the call is over, press Stop to end the recording
- Then go to File > Save
How to record WhatsApp calls
Similar to FaceTime and Skype, you can make calls using WhatsApp on your Mac and record them using QuickTime, Capto or other third-party apps.
Either download WhatsApp Video Call or use the WhatsApp Web application to make a call. Once you are ready, pick the app you are going to use to record the call. For a quick unedited audio recording, QuickTime should suffice. If you want the ability to record in more detail, and make edits, then Capto or Dropshare are ideal for that purpose.
The default way of QuickTime recording doesn’t give you many options in terms of editing, captions, extra info, additional images, etc. Using Capto allows for a more complete experience if you need a bit more creative freedom with your call recordings.
Plus, both Capto and Dropshare are available as a part of Setapp subscription. If you have Setapp, you get their full functionality + 170 more handy Mac utilities in one suite. There’s a 7-day free trial, so give it a go. Anyways, we hope this guide has been of help, have a lovely day!
Meantime, prepare for all the awesome things you can do with Setapp.Read on
There are tones of game recording software on the market, many of which claim to be the best game recorder, but which one is right for you best? When you choose the best free screen recorder for game capture, you need to consider the user-interface, output format, FPS speed supported, benchmark-setting, the sharpness of video screen, and the utmost price.
To save your time, we cover the top 16 best game recording software for PC and Mac here, including free and paid. In order to help you understand each product faster, we have listed their important advantages and disadvantages, hoping to help you quickly judge and find the best game recording software that suits your needs most.
See also:How to Record Gameplay on PC Without Lag >>>
Top 11 Best Game Recorder for Windows 10/8/7
You can use the following best game recording software for Xbox, PS4, and other game recordings. If you don't want to invest any money, choose the free game recorders as you need.
1. EaseUS RecExperts
EaseUS RecExperts is a versatile free video recording software for both beginners and professionals. Using this software, you can easily capture any area of your screen (full screen, a selected region, or a specific window), record any audio coming from your computer, and record your webcam with high-quality. Apart from that, EaseUS RecExperts is an amazing game recorder for Windows 10 PC. You can record various high-quality and popular 2D/3D games in 4K resolution. Before recording gameplay, you can create a recording task to set the start time and stop time for the recording. When you are finishing the job, you can directly share the gameplay video to the social media platforms.
- Easy to use
- Record gameplay and your voice at the same time
- Record computer audio (system sound or microphone)
- Support to create the recording tasks automatically
- Allow you to edit the video by adding texts, lines, arrows, etc while recording
- Export the recording files in different formats
- Only available for Windows
How to record gameplay on Windows 10 with EaseUS RecExperts? Just download it and follow the below steps.
Step 1. Start your favorite game and launch EaseUS RecExperts. Choose 'Record game' from the menu
Step 2. Select the frame rate you want to record, as well Variable or Constant frame rate.
Click the red button 'REC' and your recording will start. You will see a small bar, which shows the time of your record.
Step 3. You can choose as well the Task Scheduler, where you can define the recording area and the audio input. Also, you can define exactly the starting date and time and the duration of the record.
Step 4. Once done, you can edit the record footage with the built-in video editor. On the recorded video you can add Video Intro (in the demo case the title is 'Demo Epic Games').
Screen Recorder For Mac Free
Finally, you can export the ready to use video clip in the appropriate video format.
2. Windows 10 Xbox Game Bar/DVR Tool
Xbox Game Bar is a pre-installed game recording software on Windows 10 that allows you to capture game clips and screenshots. The game bar can be used to record apps, especially for gaming capture. It's able to record most PC games, enables you to instantly access to widgets for screen and sharing, finding teammates with LFG, chatting with friends across Xbox console, mobile, and PC without leaving your game.
- User-friendly, convenient to use
- Record video with audio
- No time limit for recording video, ad-free
- Completely free video recording software without watermark
- Edit the video after recording, such as trim the beginning and end of videos
- Record apps only, not available for recording full screen or a specific region
- No pause function when recording the video
- Limited video editing features
3. Open Broadcaster Software
OBS Studio is a popular open-source and flexible game recorder tool that works well for live streaming games on Twitch and recording other information as well. It is the preferred tool for a lot of gamers out there. You are not required to change any special settings, just select the source which you would like to record and start recording. OBS is capable of recording in MP4 and FLV formats at a 1:1 ratio.
After recording, the application streams with various platforms like Facebook Live, YouTube Live, Hitbox, Twitch, and more.
- Free and open source
- Multiple platforms supported: Windows, Mac, or Linux
- Various plugins to enhance the experience
- Support for most live streaming platforms
- Entirely free, with no limitations
- Not the most user-friendly UI
- The free version leaves a watermark on your video recording
- Lacks of built-in video editing functions
Bandicam screen recorder is one of the well-known software in terms of screen recording, a free game recording software as well. This best game recorder enables you to record at high bitrates and frames. You can record games at flexible frame rates and 4K Ultra HD resolution. What's more, it offers the compression feature that makes sure the recorded game video is in a small size without quality loss. The recordings can be used for gaming or other PC activities.
- Support three recording modes - Screen Recording, Game Recording, and Device Recording
- Record game in full-screen, region, webcam, and microphone
- Support real-time drawing, add webcam overlay, schedule recording, mix voice, add mouse effect, etc.
- Built-in compression feature
- Not cheap
- Lack of built-in video editor
- The unregistered version record game video with watermark
5. Movavi Screen Recorder
Movavi is a nice and free game recording software that enables you to record screen and audio at the same time. It supports resolution up to 4K. In addition, you can sync webcam and microphone voice-over with an on-going screen recording. It provides a lot of video editing features so you can edit the recorded game video, for example, convert a video into GIF; trim, cut, and join videos; add animated titles and special effects, and much more.
- Modern user interface and easier navigation
- Set up the recording parameters
- Record video and audio simultaneously
- Comes with many editing tools
- Supports screen resolution up to 4K
- Convert screen recording to GIF instantly
Best Screen Recorder For Mac
- A bit expensive
- Limited features in the free trial version
6. Nvidia GeForce Experience
Nvidia Geforce Experience, another best free game recorder, enables you to capture and share videos, screenshots, and live streams with friends. Keep your drivers up to date and optimize your game settings. Apart from updating your Nvidia drivers, this software provides Nvidia's Shadowplay feature, allowing you to record games easily. The software can record at the same resolution as your display, so if you have a 4K panel, your recordings will also be in 4K.
- If you have an Nvidia GPU, the GeForce Experience is free to use
- Simple and straightforward
- Use GPU to handle encoding
- Share gameplay videos and live streams on YouTube, Twitch, and Facebook.
- Work only with Nvidia GPUs
- Not as versatile as other professional screen recording software
Fraps is another great game recording software for Windows 10/8/7. There are too many and settings and configurations. Fraps can put out some massive files due to its benchmarking nature which provides you a wide range of resolutions. You can set the video capture frame rate manually and it can go from 30 to 120FPS. There is also an option to enter a custom FPS value where you can set the frame rate even below 30. You can use this game recorder to record both screen and audios through external input or system sound.
- User-friendly interface and simple to use
- Handles a wide variety of resolutions
- Benchmarking feature and statistics embedded
- Highlight cursor and capture audio from an external input device
- Recorded video size is high
- Lack of editing tools
- The free version has some limitations, including a watermark and limited recording time
Action, another excellent game recorder on the market. You can use this software to record a real-time game in high definition. This gaming software is compatible with any version of Windows and supports more than one video format - AVI and MP4. It's able to output high-quality MP4 @ 60fps gaming clips by utilizing Intel QSV, Nvidia NVENC, or AMD APP hardware acceleration. It is a competent game recording and video editing software for YouTube. After recording, Action allows you to stream videos on different platforms such as YouTube, Livestream, Ustream, etc.
- Good stability while recording game
- Supports live streaming on different platforms
- User-friendly interface
- 4K support
- Frame rates cannot be customized
- struggle on older machines; require a decent spec machine
- In free mode, game recording time is limited to 10 minutes
9. LOILO Game Recorder
LoiLo game recorder is a lightweight free game recording software. It offers enables you to record ongoing video games and edit the recorded game video with various features. This best game recording software supports Motion-JPEG. With this file format, you are to reach the best balance between file size and image quality. And it shows the least performance loss compared to any competitor's non-free software.
- User-friendly interface, easy-to-use
- Minimal performance loss
- Record your games for free without any limitation
- Create outstanding Full HD video in reasonable file size
- Not compatible with Windows Vista, XP, and Windows 10
10. Xsplit Gamecaster
XSplit Gamecaster is one of the best game recorders out there. It is compatible with Twitch. It can record your game and chooses the appropriate settings according to your computer's properties without manual customization. What's more, it comes with variable video editing features, such as picture-in-picture mode, watermarks, video annotations, and social media integration. After game recording, you can share the videos with social media platforms easily.
- Enough features are embedded in the free version
- Offer many video editing options
- Record locally or stream to all popular platforms with one click
- Advanced features only come with a monthly subscription
- It's a little expensive
Dxtory is another best game recorder software in this list that offers tons of features for game recording. In fact, it is one of the lightest software, yet quite comprehensive. The interface is extremely user-friendly, which makes it very simple to understand all settings and adjust them. This program record a lossless video of the highest possible quality, thus you need to prepare a lot of space for the captures. You can record screen with game sound or microphone's sound at the same time. In the video settings, you can customize video codecs, frames per second from 10-120, sources, size, and format.
- Extremely flexible
- Intuitive and clear user interface
- Plenty of customization options for a video codec, sizes, and formats
- Require a lot of free space on your hard drive without compression
- Annoying trial notification
- Not suitable for ordinary users
Top 5 Best Game Recording Software for Mac
If you want to record a game or whatever happening on your Mac screen, try out with the top five best free game recording software on Mac listed below.
1. Quick Time Player
Screen Recorder For Mac Download
QuickTime Player is the default Mac video player, but it's more than a video player. You can use QuickTime Player to do video recording for free, including game recording. It also has some basic video editing options, such as cut, copies, and pastes, adds a new soundtrack, adds annotations, rotates your video, and more. Tor browser download for mac. QuickTime game recording software uses onscreen controls, which are similar to a CD or DVD player.
- Small and intuitive interface
- Record audio with video simultaneously
- Record Skype videos in full screen
- Ability to save videos from the web
- Provide video editing features to create beautiful video and share it via email
- Limited recording and editing functionality
- System audio recording is not possible
Camtasia is an advanced video recording and editing tool. It's also a competent game recording software. You are free to change the recording settings and adjust the recording window size. It also supports you to record with a camera, microphone. As a comprehensive video editing software, Camtasia offers some advanced video editing features to assist users in adding effects, text, transitions, etc., fantastic features to the target video.
- Record full screen, window, region, webcam, and microphone
- Feature a video editor to edit recorded game video as imported videos
- Supports green screen effect to make it seem as if you are a part of the action
- Easy to incorporate animated items, like callouts and scrolling text
- Only free for 30 days with watermark
- Cost is high for ordinary users
Monosnap is a free best game recorder for Mac. You can use this program to record your screen and take quick screenshots in case you need to use it as a powerful screen recording software. This software can be used to capture a selected window or just a small part of the screen. After video recording, you can connect the cloud drives such as Dropbox, CloudApp, Yandex. Disk, Box.com, Google Drive, or FTPs to upload recorded videos to share with other PCs and smartphones.
Windows 10 Screen Recorder
- Totally free without feature limitation
- Record video as well as system sound
- Record in 60fps to ensure an ultra-smooth playback
- Highlight important details with pen, text, arrow, and shape
- Export to monosnap.com, Youtube, and other cloud platforms
- Video editing is not possible
- Mobile devices cannot be recorded
VLC is a free and open-source video recording software, as well as a free game recorder, available for cross-platform, including Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS. It's great music and video player of any format, including WMA, AAC, AIF, MP3, and much more on your computer. You can use it as a free screen video capture software with the built-in screen recording features.
- Simple and clean user interface
- Completely free and open source
- A simple and efficient way to create screen recordings
- Offer various alluring customized skins
- No audio recording options
- No video editing options
- Only record the entire screen
Screenflick is a macOS app focused on the core essentials of screen recording and game recording: providing the highest quality screen and audio capture, and delivering the key tools needed to communicate your screen experience to your viewers. This program enables you to create time-lapse screen recordings of long projects, and export to multiple sizes, frame rates, and formats whenever needed.
- User-friendly and well-streamlined interface
- Record screen in the whole screen, a section, or a specific window
- One-click type audio recording facility
- Strives to be as efficient as possible
- Record audio, including system audio, your Mac's microphone, or external mic
- Don't support Livestream, timeline editing, adding annotations
- Require OS X 10.10 or Later
To Sum Up
That's it. These are the top 16 best game recording software for Windows and Mac, both free and paid. They have their disadvantages and advantages, some with video editing function, some have no or limited ones. If you are a beginner, you can choose some free and simple-to-use game recording software. For advanced game recording, you can select the high-level tools.
For beginners working on Windows, we highly recommend EaseUS RecExperts. This game recording software is easy to use yet powerful. You can not only record gameplay but capture your screen, audio, and webcam with it. And after recording, you can simply edit it by adding images or watermarks, changing its speed, or compressing the recording file, then you can upload it to the social media platforms.
FAQs About Best Game Recording Software
1. What is the best video game recording software?
Download Screen Recorder For Mac
There is a lot of video game recording software available on the market. If you are a novice, EaseUS RecExperts is the best option for you. It allows you to record gameplay with a few simple clicks. Apart from that, you also can use it to capture screen, audio, even your webcam according to your needs.
Screen Recorder For Macbook Pro
2. What recording software do Youtubers use?
Screen Recorder For Macbook Air With Audio
The most common screen recording software used by YouTubers are EaseUS RecExperts, OBS Studio, ShareX, Xsplit..
3. How do I record my gameplay?
To record your gameplay, you need a useful game recording software. Here you can try EaseUS RecExperts.